DRUG TAKE BACK
The Guilderland Police Department participates in the Drug Enforcement Agency National Prescription Drug Take Back Day which is held twice a year. Drug Take Back Day addresses a crucial public safety and public health issue. Studies shows that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet. The DEA’s Take Back Day events provide an opportunity for Americans to prevent drug addiction and overdose deaths.
NEXT DRUG TAKE BACK DAY
Saturday, October 24, 2020
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Guilderland Library Parking Lot
2228 Western Ave.
Guilderland, NY 12084
This is a drive through event will be held in the library's auxiliary parking lot.
Drug Take Back Day officials will not ask questions of nor request identification from anyone.
What CAN be disposed:
• Controlled, non-controlled, and over the counter substances
• Medication in its original container or removed from its container and disposed of directly into the disposal boxes. (If an original container is submitted, be sure to remove any identifying information from the prescription label.)
What CANNOT be disposed:
• No sharps and syringes
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES SO THAT CONTACT LESS DROP OFF CAN BE PROVIDED
- Put your medications in a bag, if possible.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth.
- Put bagged medications in a place that you can easily access while remaining in your vehicle, or place the bag in your trunk so an officer may retrieve it.
- Drive through to the drop off point and stay in your vehicle.
- Follow the officers' instructions.
PLEASE WEAR A MASK