top of page

The Guilderland Police will conduct property checks for residences in the town. Please be advised we are doing maintenance on the online submission form. We apologize for the inconvenience. In the meantime, please call the police department at 356-1501 to request a property check.

Remember to contact the police department at (518) 356-1501 when you return to cancel your property check.

Property Check Request Form




  • Notify the police department you are going to be away by either calling the station at 356-1501, or by submitting the property check request online.

  • Have someone pick up your mail and newspapers daily.

  • Utilize automatic timers for inside and outside lights.

  • Lock all doors and windows. Utilize deadbolt locks if you have them as well as bars placed in door tracks on all sliding glass doors and windows.

  • If you are leaving a vehicle in the driveway leave the keys with the person watching your house. Tell them to move the vehicle daily to a different location in the driveway if possible.

  • Make arrangements to have someone mow your lawn and trim your bushes if you're going away for a long period of time.

  • Ask someone to stop by your house periodically and have them open and close blinds and turn on different lights.

  • Let your trusted neighbors know when you are leaving and when you plan to return home and if you are expecting anybody at your house while you are away. Tell them to call the police immediately if they see anything suspicious.

bottom of page